Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I Wish I Could Ride Like This...

I know this video has made the rounds lately (I've seen it now from about 4 different sources) but that tells me something - people are truly inspired by the riding of Danny MacAskill. I think his riding style, stunts, and control are so amazing that I'm inspired too and think this one is deserving of a post in Break Away's Garage.

Notice the bike he rides. No shocks - with all that jumping and control, you can not afford to loose spring or land a jump on mushy ground. Disc brakes - can't afford slippage when you are hopping around on your back tire... 30 ft off the ground! Light weight - try jumping over anything with an additional 20 lbs of weight strapped to your back....

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the poetic nature of this guys cycling as much as I do. It is as if his bike is just an extension of him - part of the rider. Enjoy....


1 comment:

CyclingBabe said...

Whoa! I can't believe how well he handles that bike.