Friday, October 24, 2008

The BMX Great Northwest Nationals


April 6-7, 2008 at Redmond, Oregon.

The best way to sum this one up is "Dale put on quite a show but walked away empty handed".

Sometimes it was due to tactical errors and sometimes it was mistakes by his pit crew that cost him but one thing was for sure... Dale was one of the fastest riders out of the gate and even gave Wyatt Larsen a run for his money. I couldn't have been prouder of my boy than when I was watching him put it all out there. For once, I watched him race where his heart was really into it. You gotta high five that kind of attitude. My guess is with a little track work, he is going to kick some serious ass in the upcoming nationals competition.


Even Dad made a tactical error that cost Dale a chance to compete in the 7-8 mixed open main event but missing a moto change and getting my son to the staging area too late. I felt horrible because I knew he was faster than almost everyone in his moto. Next time I'll be more careful. I promise!


The following clip is an example of Dale's ability to control the field....


No comments: